Vanessa's Birthday Cookie Bonanza. ALL WITH PHOTOS! Cookie 4, as inspired by melo: chai_ - Berry thumbprint cookies
The recipe is actually my mom's which I think is an old variation on the traditional Joy of Cooking recipe. We usually use this at Christmas but when Jaimi mentioned it, I remembered the deliciousness and just had to make it here and now, in the middle of summer!
- 1 c. butter (soft)
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 c. finely chopped walnuts
- 1 c. triple berry preserves (or any preserves you like really, strawberry and apricot are good, too!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter and sugar
- Add egg yolks and vanilla
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add flour mixture to batter by thirds. If it is too soft to roll into balls, chill 30 minutes.
- Using rolled balls of dough, gently wash with egg. Then roll in nuts.
- Indent cookie top with thumb or spoon and fill with jam
- Bake on baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 13-15.
- Cool on wire racks.
That's how they look prior to baking. My camera then pooped out, but the next photo is how they all turned out! :)
TA DAAAAAA! :D
"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more." - Albus DumbledoreReal Name:
Mar 1 1900
( . )( . )+(__|__)
This member is elite.